Tuesday, January 29, 2019

You Otter Be My Valentine

Hello friends!

This week’s CASE-ing Tuesday #184 sketch inspired me to create this Valentine’s Day card. I used the Hey Love Stamp Set, from the SU 2019 Occasions Catalog. All the animals are so cute I couldn’t decide which to use. In the end, I decided to use the otter, as it had a coordinating sentiment.   


I started by stamping the otter in Whisper White cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored him using the light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend and outlined him with the dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend. The little heart was colored using the light Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blend and the outside of the heart and water waves with light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. Then, I die cut it using the large stitched circle framelit.


Using the measurements provided on the sketch, I cut all my layers. The first layer, the All My Love DSP, was cut 1/8” smaller than the card base and mounted to the Lovely Lipstick card base. Then, I wrapped some 1/8” Lovely Lipstick Mini Grosgrain Ribbon around the Soft Seafoam cardstock and
adhered it to the card front with Mini Dimensionals. The next layer, the DSP, was adhered on top of
the Soft Seafoam cardstock with Mini Dimensionals. Then, I added a bit of liquid glue to the bottom back of the otter and some Mini Dimensionals and adhered it to the card base.


I stamped the sentiment in Lovely Lipstick, on Blushing Bride cardstock. I adhered it to the card front with Mini Dimensionals. I added the bow and some Heart Epoxy Droplets that I colored using the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend.



This is the card for today’s CASE.


And here is the sketch for the CASE.

I hope you enjoyed today’s card and that it inspired you to create some Valentine’s Day cards.
Thanks for stopping by.


Erika



Stampin’ Up Materials:
Paper - Blushing Bride Cardstock, Lovely Lipstick Cardstock, Soft Seafoam Cardstock,  All My Love DSP
Stamps - Hey Love 
Ink - Lovely Lipstick, Light/Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend, Light Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blend, Light Real Red Stampin’ Blend, Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend 
Tools - Stitched Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Mini Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue 
Embellishments - 1/8” Lovely Lipstick Grosgrain Ribbon, Heart Epoxy Droplets 


No comments:

Post a Comment