Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wishing You Well


Hello friends!

Couple days ago I came across Fab Friday Challenge Blog. Their challenge was a sketch. I liked the sketch and decided to take on the challenge.


Here’s the sketch that was provide.


And here’s my take on the sketch.

I knew I wanted to used the tea cup stamp from the Tea Together Stamp Set, in the Occasions Catalog. The stamp set coordinates with the Tea Time Framelits Dies. These dies are part of the SAB rewards and earned for free with a $100 purchase, before taxes. And this whole stamp/die set pairs perfectly with the Tea Room Specialty DSP, in the Annual Catalog.

I started by adhering the Tea Room Specialty DSP to a piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock. Then, wrapped a piece of Gold  Metallic Edge Ribbon around the layer. This layer was then adhered to the Blackberry Bliss card base. 



I then stamped the tea cup on Very Vanilla Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black and used the coordinating die to cut it. Then, I stamped the rose and leaf. I colored the stem and leaf using the Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker. With the light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend I colored the roses and then outlined them with the dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend. With the light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend, I outlined the tea cup and saucer and went over it using the light Petal Pink Blend. I adhered the tea cup to the card front with Mini Dimensionals. On Very Vanilla, I stamped the sentiment Wishing You Well from the stamp set Lasting Lily, in Blackberry Bliss, (this stamp set is also part of the SAB rewards). I adhered it to the card front with Mini Dimensionals and added a Gold Faceted Gem. I finished the card by adding a bow on the side of the tea cup.

Hope you like today’s card, I enjoyed the challenge. 

Erika


Measurements:
Card base - 5 1/2” x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/2”
Crushed Curry - 5 1/2” x 3 1/8”
DSP - 5 1/2” x 3”
Very Vanilla Banner - 3 1/4” x 1/2”



Stampin’ Up Materials:
Paper -  Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Tea Room Specialty DSP
Stamps - Tea Together, Lasting Lily (SAB)
Ink - Blackberry Bliss, Memento Tuxedo Black, Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker, Light/Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend, Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend 
Tools - Tea Time Framelits (SAB), Big Shot, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals 
Embellishments- 3/8 Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon, Gold Faceted Gem




2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love this sweet teacup and that beautiful background paper! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete