Monday, January 21, 2019

P.S. I Love You


Happy Monday!
Today I have a non traditional Valentine’s card for you...no red, pink hearts. I chose to use the P.S. You’re The Best Stamp Set. The sentiments in the set are perfect for a Valentine’s card. Hope you like it.


I started by stamping the typewriter on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then, I colored it using Stampin’ Blends, fuzzy cut it, and stamped the sentiments in Grapefruit Grove.


Then I die cut the Whisper White layer using the largest Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies. I stamped the background image a couple times in different directions, in Pool Party. The sentiment in Grapefruit Grove (Meant To Be Stamp Set). I then wrapped a piece of Grapefruit Grove Organdy Ribbon (SAB reward). I adhered this to the first layer, Pool Party Cardstock, with liquid glue. Then I adhered it to the Thick Whisper White card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I then adhered the typewriter to the card front using Mini Dimensionals. To finish the card, I die cut the hearts using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies. Since the piece was bigger than what I wanted, I snipped them to the size I needed. Carefully, I added some liquid glue to the back of the hearts and adhered it behind the typewriter.


I hope you enjoyed this non traditional Valentine’s card. Let me know what you think.


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful day.

Erika 



Stampin’ Up Materials:
Paper - Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Pool Party Cardstock, Grapefruit Grove Cardstock 
Stamps - P.S. You’re The Best, Meant To Be 
Ink -  Memento Tuxedo Black, Grapefruit Grove, Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blend, Light/Dark Smoky Slate 
Tools - Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies, Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals
Embellishments - Grapefruit Grove Organdy Ribbon 



3 comments:

  1. Love the layers & colors on this card! Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card for Valentine’s Day! Love your choice of colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Valentine! I just love that typewriter and the splotch in the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete