Saturday, December 1, 2018

Christmas Blessings

Hello friends!

I have seen many stampers make beautiful wreaths by using various stamps, so today I decided to give it a try! For my card I’m just going to use one stamp, making it simple for me since it’s my first time.


 I started with a Merry Merlot card base. For the first layer, I used a piece of Joyous Noel Specialty DSP adhered to Tranquil Tide Cardstock. The second layer, the wreath, I started by lightly tracing a circle with a pencil on Whisper White Cardstock. I then used the stamp from Peaceful Poinsettia to make the wreath around the circle I drew. I used Shaded Spruce for the wreath and every other branch is stamped off. I adhered the wreath to a piece of Tranquil Tide Cardstock. This piece is adhered to the card base. The final layer is the sentiment. I used the sentiment from Christmas Pines, stamped it on Whisper White Cardstock using Merry Merlot. The ends are punched using the Triple Banner Punch and adhered with Mini Dimensionals.


I also stamped the inside with a sentiment and coordinated the envelope with the card.

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as inspiration.

I’m very happy with the way the wreath turn out! Not to bad for my first try, right?  Hope you 
enjoyed my card. Thank you for stopping by.

Erika

Stampin’ Up Materials:
Merry Merlot Cardstock 
Tranquil Tide Cardstock 
Whisper White Cardstock 
Joyous Noel Specialty DSP
Christmas Pines Stamp Set
Peaceful Poinsettia  Stamp Set
Shaded Spruce Inkpad
Merry Merlot Inkpad
Triple Banner Punch 
Multipurpose Liquid Glue 
Mini Dimensionals 
Medium Whisper White Envelope 

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the patterned paper! The Merry Merlot is such a gorgeous, rich colour! Perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is beautiful! And I love Merry Merlot for Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete