Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Making Christmas Bright

Hello stamping friends!

Welcome to CASE-ing Tuesday #167, where we choose a card from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog and change a little, a lot, or nothing at all.

This week we are CASE-ing page 36 from the 2018 Stampin’ Up Holiday Catalog. The card we are CASE-ing uses First Frost Stamp Set And Framelits.


For my card, I used the Making Christmas Bright Stamp Set from the Holiday Catalog on page 7, and the coordinating Christmas Bulb Builder Punch. When I first saw this set it reminded me of my Grandma. During Christmas time, she would decorate the outside of the house with these big light bulbs. Oh and how they would brighten up the house. It reminded me of a gingerbread house.

To get the strings of lights stamped I used the Stamparatus. This helped me space the strings of lights evenly. I moved the plastic plate one slot to the left after each stamp. I stamped them on Whisper White Cardstock.


Using the Stampin’ Blends, I colored the light bulbs. After, I mounted it to the Shaded Spruce card base. I stamped the sentiment using Shade Spruce, punched it out using the Banner Triple Punch. Before mounting the sentiment banner, using some glue dots I mounted some gold metallic thread to the back. Then, I punched the light bulbs and glued them down using liquid glue.


To finish the card, I decorated the envelope using All Is Bright DSP. I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s CASE-ing Tuesday. Join our CASE-ing Tuesday Facebook Group and share your CASE with us. We would love to see it. Until next week friends, have a lovely week. 

Erika



Materials used:
Shaded Spruce Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock 
Moments Tuxedo Black Inkpad
Shaded Spruce Inkpad
Light Real Red Stampin’ Blend
Light Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blend
Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend
Light Night of Navy Stampin’ Blend
Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper
All Is Bright DSP
Making Christmas Bright Stamp Set
Christmas Bulb Builder Punch
Banner Triple Punch
Stamparatus
Gold Metallic Thread
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Glue Dots
Mini Dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment