Sunday, March 3, 2019

Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful

Hello Friends! When I started stamping 5 years ago I was very intimidated by all those rubber stamps. I was so afraid that my cards were not going to be liked by their recipients. I thought that every card I made needed lots of layers and/or embellishments. Well that’s not true! Today, I want to show you that not all cards need layers and/or embellishments. That simple cards with simple stamping can create beautiful cards. I’ll be showing 3 different cards using the Flowering Desert Stamp Set.


For my first card, my simple stamping card, I stamped on Thick Whisper White cardstock. I used Mint Macaron, Gray Granite, Powder Pink and Memento Tuxedo Black. This card was done in less than 5 minutes. A very simple and pretty card.


My second card, I stamped on Whisper White cardstock, which I adhered onto Powder Pink cardstock and then to a Mint Macaron card base. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and used the Triple Banner Punch for the ends. Then, I adhered it to the card front with Mini Dimensionals. This card is still simple but with a little more details and took less then 10 minutes.


For my last card I added a bit more details. I used Mint Macaron cardstock for the card base and adhered Subtles DSP in Mint Macaron. I stamped the image and added another detail using Flirty Flamingo ink. I used a layering square framelit to die cut it and adhered it to a piece of Powder Pink cardstock that was die cut using the layer scalloped square. I adhered some Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon behind the square before adhering it to the card front. The sentiment was adhered to the the image using Mini Dimensionals. Last, I added a button to the top corner.

I hope you enjoyed my different variations of simple stamping. Stamping can be intimidating but we need to remember that those stamps are our friends and will help use create beautiful cards. Thank you for stopping by, until next time.

Erika



Stampin’ Up Materials:
Paper - Mint Macaron Cardstock, Powder Pink Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, Subtles DSP
Stamp Set - Flowering Desert 
Ink - Mint Macaron, Powder Pink, Granite Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Tools - Triple Banner Punch, Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Dimensionals 
Embellishments - Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon, Needlepoint Nook Mini Buttons, Nature’s Twine-Crumb Cake





No comments:

Post a Comment